I think it would be embarassing to admit to how much we actually use dry shampoo, so we won't go there. But, I will say, we have gone through our share of dry shampoos. What we've found is that each one does something different. It all depends on what you are looking for in a dry shampoo/hair powder. What I've been looking for is something that decreases the grease look in my hair and doesn't leave a terrible residue. If I get some volume out of the dry shampoo- word. I'm getting ahead of myself, let me tell you about each of these.
1. TRESemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo- This stuff smells AMAZING. It smells very fresh. ha. The thing about this dry shampoo is that it takes a couple minutes to use it the right way. You spray it in, wait a couple minutes, then rub it in. This decreases minimal grease. Meaning... if you haven't washed your hair in a week, it's probably not going to do what you need it to. It also gives your hair a little body.
2. Bumble and Bumble Blondish Hair Powder- Now speaking of not having washed your hair in a week, this is the stuff that WILL fix that problem. It's amazing the greasy look that this will make disappear. The only thing about this stuff is that it leaves residue in your hair. And the color comes off onto your fingers. But if no one will be touching your hair and you are in a bad hair emergency, this will make it look way better. Look is the keyword though. ;) You may feel greasy still.
3. Lulu Organics Hair Powder- This stuff takes the greasy look away but it is white so if you get too much in your hair, it's hard to blend in really well. But since this is an actual powder, it leaves your hair feeling pretty nice. Your hair just feels like hair without additional products in it.
4. Batiste Dry Shampoo- WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER! This stuff is EVERYTHING. It's the best product I have ever used, I swear. We actually bought our first bottle at T.J.Maxx. The first time we tried this, well, let's just say it was a happy time at Oh So Pretty. This stuff smells amazing, makes your hair look non-greasy, gives you TONS of body aaaand it feels so soft in your hair. No residues. It is basically everything you could ever want from a dry shampoo. Moving on.
5. Kevin Murphy Fresh Hair Dry Cleaning Spray- This stuff smells great, and it gives your hair body. It doesn't really do much in the oily hair department. It helps a little but as I said above, I want my dry shampoo to do everything. If you aren't worried about that and you just need something that smells nice, something that will give you body, and something that doesn't leave a build-up feeling in your hair, this one will work!
Well there you have it. I know there are plenty more dry shampoos out there but these are just the ones we've tried. And I'm super glad that I've found one that I really love. Do you use dry shampoo? What kind do you like?