When I tell you that I have never in my life tasted something so delicious, I promise that I am not lying. I mean, I have never eaten something that almost brought tears to my eyes since I first tried my grandpas smoked brisket. It is possible that I was a little emotional prior to making this rice, so that could've enhanced my love for it. But I'm telling you, it is just that good. So just do yourself a favor and make it.
Peach and Pineapple Fried Rice
3 cups cooked rice
1/2 fresh pineapple, cubed
1 fresh peach, peeled and cubed
2 small bell peppers, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 Tbs. olive oil
3 tsp. sesame oil
3 Tbs. rice vinegar
1/4 cup GF Tamari soy sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add 2 Tbs. oil to the pan.
2. Add peppers and onions and sautee them for 5-10 minutes, depending on your liking.
3. Add in garlic to the pan and sautee for another 2 minutes.
4. Remove veggies from the pan onto a plate.
5. Add another 1 Tbs. oil to the pan and scramble the eggs.
6. Remove the eggs from the pan and add to the veggies on the plate.
7. Mix together sesame oil, rice vinegar, GF Tamari soy sauce, brown sugar and red pepper.
7. Add last tablespoon of oil into the pan and add rice and half of the sauce mixture. Coat the rice evenly in the sauce and cook for 2-5 minutes, making sure the rice has warmed completely.
8. Add the veggies and egg, the pineapple and peach cubes and the rest of the sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes, then serve!
Oh, and make sure you share. Something this good has to be enjoyed with someone else.