Say that three times fast... The title is complicated, but the flavors are simple. Peanut butter, cinnamon and sugar. Now, when it comes to making gluten-free baked goods, we've not had the greatest results. More times than not, we end up with something too crumbly or so gooey it won't cook all the way through even though the baking time has been doubled. It's a finicky thing and only few have mastered it. We are not those people. So instead, we have this great Bob's Red Mill gluten-free 1 to 1 baking flour that makes it way more possible for us to get a delicious, perfectly textured treat. All you have to do is substitute this flour for wheat flour in any baking recipe. No more using 3 different flours in one recipe, Bob's Red Mill has done the work for you. So we decided to keep it classic. Twice actually. Peanut butter cookies crossed with snickerdoodle-ness. The flavor is delicious. The texture is perfect.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup PB2 (this is optional but recommended)
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar (1/3 cup sugar + 1 tsp. cinnamon)
1. Preheat oven to 350° and line two baking sheets with wax paper.
2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, coconut oil and sugar and brown sugar. Mix until creamed together.
4. Add PB2, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon and mix.
5. Stir in dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Roll the dough into balls, size depending on how big you'd like your cookies.
7. Roll each ball in cinnamon sugar then place on baking sheet and flatten with a fork in both directions.
8. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
These guys are great warm! If you let them sit for a couple minutes, literally like 2, the cookies won't crumble or fall apart. They will be so normal-cookie-like, you won't know what to do with yourself.