Casey really loves the Amy's Mexican Casserole Bowl and when I finally had a bite, I really understood why. They are delicious! But, if you want to serve more than one person, the frozen meal would get a little pricey. This dish takes so little time and can be multiplied to feed as many people as you want. It only requires the one pot, and those are our favorite kind of meals.
Mexican Casserole Bowl
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 small potates, cut into matchsticks
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can corn, drained
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
1. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions and peppers and sautee for 5 minutes.
3. Add potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes.
4. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
5. Add black beans, corn, tortillas and enchilada sauce. (I added a touch of chicken broth here because it seemed a little thick. You can use water, or nothing.) Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Serve hot with a dollop of greek yogurt, if desired.
Hope y'all love this as much as we do!